up front

esightler Design is upfront

Thursday, October 8, 2009

blown...and forged...



























I have had these beads festering in my imagination for some time...they come from the Netherlands froma very cool Etsy dealer called Sunyno (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5146806&ga_search_query=sunyno&ga_search_type=seller_username) (sorry about the long link...no time to shorten it). I finally saw my inspiration ear wires on another Etsy maven of style: betsy3 (htp://betsy3.etsy.com) (that better?). She had a pair of similar wires and it made me think: "I can do that", or at least I can try...so I did. I'll be listing them soon - but they are here first.




I used gold filled, steel and sterling silver to make the earwires and findings. The sterling, where it is oxidized - is done so by using the egs from my flock of organic, city-dwelling laying hens. It's better for all of us (except the eggs perhaps). I love the contrast of the gunmetal and the clear glass.

No comments: