up front

esightler Design is upfront

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dear Auntie Doris...vintage treasures bracelet


This Vintage finds bracelet is made from vintage enamel, glass and rhinestone earrings that I have re-fashioned into charms. To do this I cut off the posts, screw backs, or clip-ons and wound them into loops with my round nose pliers (if i was a better blogger, I would have thought to take pictures of the process...I will get better at this and show more process work for you...promise). Most old earring- especially those with posts, can be made into charms. For this one I waas drawn to the blues. The charms float nicely on the vintage goldtone chain. This and other like it can be found at my website: esightler.etsy.com.

By the way - the ladies in the back are my grandmother and her two sisters; Doris, Lois and Priscilla, left-to-right. Doris, for whom this eice is named, gave me her button collection and otherwise fueled my love for vintage and funky...She was one of those dame who said whatever she thought; and thought the zaniest, most off-color things. I loved her like crazy.

1 comment:

Stians partibarometre said...

http://www.micropoll.com/akira/mpresult/568958-154647