up front

esightler Design is upfront

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Skeleton's in the closet...are open for business






I do feel a bit selfish about how often I gobble up skeleton keys when it suits my whimsy. That is because feel that whimsy almost without end. As I write this I am sitting with a pile of about 40 vintage skeleton and door latch keys on my lap. I just poured them out of the Ebay box that some happy soul just sent to me. I am trying to be quiet because my two young sons are sleeping next to me (my husband has been forced out of the bed and anyway, I hear him charging around the kitchen mastering maple syrup-making. He's watching sap boil). But anyway, I AM being quiet.

The keys! The possibilities! I like opening secrets, packages, doors to buldings that are vacant or locked...peering in, you know? It makes me positively giddy to anticipate that unlocking of what I don't know. So when I use keys in my designs I am - I hope - sharing that anticipation http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42108692 . Out of necessity I am also sharing the keys. Because I have too many. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42345438

Some of those designs that have been stirred out of me. You see, I am also trying to distill out my sweetness. How is it to watch me boil?

I feel pretty giddy about buttons, too. You may hear more about that soon.

No comments: